Friday, March 08, 2013

2013 Barbie Ornaments from Carlton Heirloom Ornaments

Okay, I know this is a blog about Hallmark ornaments.  Many Hallmark ornament collectors collect the Barbie ornaments.  2012 was the last year of Barbie ornaments in the Hallmark line.  For 2013 American Greetings has the license to produce Barbie ornaments.  They will have 6 Barbie ornaments in the 2013 Carlton Heirloom Ornaments collection, and 2 Barbie ornament in the American Greetings ornament line.  Here's a peak at the Carlton ornaments:

This is Carlton's Holiday Barbie ornament.  It is the first in an ornament series inspired by the Holiday Barbie Doll.  A charm, commemorating the silver anniversary of the Holiday Barbie Doll collection, is attached to the ornament.


This is the first in the African-American Holiday Barbie series.

The Pink & Pretty ornament shown above is the first ornament in Carlton's new Vintage Fashion series.


The 1959 Debut Barbie is an homage to the original Barbie doll introduced in 1959.


Sophisticated Lady ornament--available in the 2013 Carlton Heirloom ornaments line.


2013 Carlton Heirloom Ornaments: Prima Prima Ballerina ornament.

What do you think?  Will you become a Carlton ornament collector in 2013?


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

CHEAP and repetitive. Mattel messed up letting the Hallmark licensing deal go under.

9:03 AM  
Blogger thedollcafe said...

I have almost all of the Barbie Hallmark Ornaments. Sad to see the partnership end. I'll look out for these but I haven't seen a thing yet.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

a friend collected the Barbie shoe themed ornaments. Sadly Carlton is not continuing that line that Hallmark did so well.

12:50 PM  
Blogger SouthernBelle98 said...

Hello, I am sooo sad that Hallmark does not have the Holiday Barbie, or any of the special ornaments that you could get through the Keepsake club ! I am a very enthusiastic Barbie collector and I have all of the Keepsake ornaments, all of the Holiday Barbie ornaments, and most of the other Barbie ornaments Hallmark put out as well. I am very disappointed, but as everything else in this crazy world , money talks, and we average people are left hanging. I hope and pray that American Greetings will be able to excel in this new venture with quality as well as making them affordable for the average collectors who love these dolls and ornaments as well !! Hallmark, I bid you farewell, American Greetings, you have big shoes to fill and I am positive you will meet and exceed in this endeavor!!! May God Bless !! Sincerely, Lisa T. Price (ltprice61@gmail.com)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have collected all the Holiday Barbie dolls and ornaments from the beginning for my Granddaughter (now 23) - now I was going to continue for her daughter (my great granddaughter) but will only be getting the doll and not the ornament. The ornament now costs as much as the doll and I don't think most people can continue to purchase them. So sorry that Hallmark is no longer carrying these - no more ornaments for me.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Heidi Wallis said...

My mother in-law and my daughter collect the barbie and ornament each year. When I purchased the 2013 ornament I thought I had gotten the wrong one, very cheaply made and not quality work at all. Very disappointed in the new maker of the ornament, wish Hallmark would renew the contract and take over production again.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE to see Barbie leave Hallmark---no more Barbie for me until she returns to Hallmark.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home